PURPOSE: The Albert Yanni Scholarship provides high quality career and technical education (CTE) students an opportunity to pursue advanced education and/or training related to their career aspirations.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Scholarships of $2,000.00 each will be awarded to students selected by a committee of West Virginia Department of Education (WVDE) personnel. Applicants selected must present proof that they maintained their eligibility requirements before the awards are presented.
HIGH SCHOOL APPLICANT MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
1. Each applicant must be a secondary student currently enrolled in a public school in the state of West Virginia who will have completed all graduation requirements by the end of the current school year.
2. Each applicant must have a cumulative (9-12) attendance rate of 85% AND a cumulative (9-12) minimum GPA of 3.0.
3. No applicant may have a final semester grade below a “C” in grades 9-12.
4. Each applicant must have completed or be on track to complete no less than the four required courses for a state approved CTE program of study in accordance with WVBE Policy 2520.13.
5. Each applicant must be planning to pursue a postsecondary education in a field related to his/her secondary career technical program of study.
Each applicant must be registered with, or accepted by, an accredited postsecondary institution or technical center in a technical certificate or degree program.
You may download the scholarship application here: Albert Yanni Scholarship